Pages

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Scrap FX October New Releases

Hi everyone, I'm on the Scrap FX blog today showing you what I created with this months gorgeous new releases.

First up is a printers tray I altered.
I loved this months chipboard pieces so much I just wanted to use them all, but I couldn't manage to squeeze this many onto a layout so I went with an off the page project instead.

To alter the chipboard I primed them all with gesso first and then coloured them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals. The butterfly got some extra sparkle as I sprinkled on some fine glitter on it while it was still wet.


I used the Flourish Stamp on some of the edges of the tray with a very light pink embossing powder. This gave a lovely delicate detail.


I cut paper to fit in the squares, added a few touches of lace, topped with loads of flowers and all done




Scrap FX Products Used:

For my second project I had a challenge to Scraplift one of my first layouts, I chose the very first LO I ever made. The original was made after my daughter was born in December 2006 so nearly 9 years ago, its funny looking back and seeing how far my scrapping ability has come
Here is the updated version


I kept a similar layout design and colour combo to the original LO


I coloured most of the chipboard with embossing powder. To get the two separate colours on some of the pieces I use the Ranger Emboss It Dabber which is a liquid and put it on the chipboard with a fine paintbrush to the areas a want to emboss. 



Scrap FX Products Used:


Here is my embarrassing first ever LO - before I discovered my love of chipboard, mixed media and excessive flowers :)
This challenge to redo a first layout is on the Swirlydoos  Kit Club Forum (Here). Its such a fun idea to redo old layouts. 



 This layout was also inspired by the current 7 Dots Studio Challenge - Frame it as I used the chipboard frame in my layout. The papers, tags and stickers are from the 7 Dots Soulmates collection 

Thanks for stopping by

Bec

6 comments:

  1. Just stunning! I have pinned it onto 7 Dots Studio pinterest board. Thank you for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling project! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, delicate, romantic!
    Thank You so much for joining our challenge at 7 Dots Studio this month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty !!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bec this is brilliant & I love it1 Thanks for joining in at 7 Dots Studio this month!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com